How to prepare your technology for the start of the semester
How to find your courses in Canvas
All your courses will be listed on your Dashboard, or in your Courses list. You should adjust favorites so the desired courses are on your Dashboard.
- Help! I can't find my course in Canvas.
- Canvas Dashboard not updating
- Canvas getting started guide for Students
- Technology requirements for online courses
Fine tune your computer
- Make sure your computer’s software is up-to-date.
- Use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox. Download Chrome, Download Firefox.
- Chrome is the preferred browser overall.
- Firefox is the preferred browser for students who rely on accessibility tools.
- If using Microsoft Edge, ensure you are using the latest possible version on Windows 11 or 10. Do not use Microsoft Edge on older versions of Windows.
- Do not use Safari unless no other alternatives are available.
Prepare your mobile device
Note: Students who are unable to afford a computer or internet service may be able to get technology on-loan from Campus Technology Services. Contact the CTS Tech Bar for more information.
If you are using mobile devices to access your course, use apps to access university services as a best practice.
- Canvas Student apps
- Microsoft Office apps
- Microsoft Outlook apps
Prepare your webcam and microphone
Always test your webcam video and mic audio when using Zoom or Teams.
Troubleshooting a connection or browser issue
- Check your site’s permissions to ensure there are no blocks (such as cookies, webcams, and microphones)
Chrome: Change settings for a specific site
Firefox: Change settings for a specific site
- How to clear your browser cache
- Consider installing apps on your computer if the web app isn't working