Topics Map > Learning Technology > Canvas
Adding Akindi to a Canvas Course
Akindi can be used to create printable bubble sheets for in-person classroom exams. In order to use Akindi, the instructor must first enable it in their Canvas course. This tutorial shows how to do that.
1. Open your Canvas course.
2. Go to the Settings page and switch to the Navigation tab.
3. Find Launch Akindi on the bottom list. Click and drag it on to the upper list (or click the ⋮ More Options button to the right of it and click Enable). Click Save at the bottom of the page to apply your changes.
4. Click the new Launch Akindi link on the course's nav bar. Click the orange Launch Akindi button to open the Akindi tool in a new tab.
Note: If this is your first time opening the Akindi page in your course, Canvas will ask you whether or not you want to authorize Akindi before it opens the actual page. Click Authorize to proceed.
The following links will be sent to your Rangermail inbox shortly after using Akindi for the first time:
- Creating a Paper Assessment in Akindi
- Creating a Hybrid Assessment in Akindi
- Creating an Online Assessment in Akindi
We also have a Knowledgebase page with an abbreviated How To guide for printed Akindi assessments: Creating and Scanning a Printable Bubble Sheet in Akindi
Akindi bubble sheets should be primarily used for printed in-person exams & quizzes. While Akindi does support online assessments, it is highly recommended that you use the Canvas quiz tools for any online quiz assignments. The Canvas quiz tools offer more flexibility in terms of supporting different question types and proctoring services, as well as being more reliable simply because it is part of the Canvas LMS. Students will also be much more familiar with the Canvas quiz interfaces.