Topics Map > Learning Technology > Accessibility
Kurzweil 3000 Assisstive Technology
Kurzweil 3000 Assistive Technology Tool - Resources and Account Request
WHAT IS KURZWEIL 3000?
Kurzweil 3000 – offers a multisensory approach and multiple means of access to text [print or digital]. Kurzweil 3000. It includes the highest quality optical character recognition (OCR) software available, which reproduces scanned print documents with the exact layout and formatting found in the original.
Tools & Functionality:
- Simultaneously listen to and read scanned text, image text (such as PDF files), digital files and Internet pages
- Access multiple file types that include: EPUB; TXT; HTML; PDF; TIFF; NIMAS; MathML; DOC; RTF; DAISY and ANY scanned paper with text and photos
- Visually track words and phrases on screen as they are read aloud
- Use colored highlighters and other visual prompts to identify important information
- Support strategies for text or recorded note taking, organization, editing
- Create MP3 audio files for use with iPods, iPhones and iPads
- Take advantage of the language learning supports such as mulitple English and bilingual dictionaries, Google® Translate and voice note tool
- Improve study skills by using the research and writing functionalities such as sticky notes, extraction of outlines and column notes, auditory spell check and word prediction
- Enter the writing process from multiple points: the graphic organizer, outline or draft views
Kurzweil 3000 User Resources: