Topics Map > Student Information Systems > Explorance Blue
UWP Course Evaluation FAQ's for UW-Parkside Students
This article contains frequently asked questions about the Explorance Blue course evaluation platform for UW-Parkside Students.
Important things to keep in mind!
- When the course evaluation period begins, each student will receive a course evaluation access link via email.
- Each link will be encoded with information specific to the student it is sent to,
- If a student attempts to use an evaluation link forwarded to them by a classmate, the link will not work.
Are course evaluations confidential?
[YES] All course evaluation links are encoded with each individual students single sign on (SSO) information. Once a UW-Parkside student has authenticated into Canvas with their UWP user ID and password, their user ID is used to confirm that they are an enrolled student in the courses they are evaluating.
- Student names are NOT associated with their evaluation responses.
- Instructors do not see any results of course evaluations until after final grades are posted.
- Results are compiled and are not connected to any student names.
- Instructors can only see response rates while the course evaluation is open, but not the actual results.
When will I have access to my course evaluations?
- Full semester (15 wk) course evaluations will become active/available approximately two weeks or 14 Days prior to the last day of class.
- Short semester, (7 wk) course evaluations will become active/available approximately one week or 8 Days prior to the last day of class.
- All summer session course evaluations will become available approximately one week or 8 Days prior to the last day of the last summer session class.
- Short semester (4 wk) Winterim course evaluations will become active/available approximately one week or 8 days prior to the last day of class.
All course evaluations close at 11:59 PM on the last day of class each semester
How are course evaluation start/end dates determined?
A course evaluation start/end date is determined by the corresponding course's start/end date in SOLAR. Because of this, course evaluation start/end dates cannot be changed/adjusted by the course instructor.
How do I access my course evaluations?
- Course Navigation – The UWP Course Evaluation link is located in the Canvas course navigation in all UW-Parkside hosted courses. For more information, see the following knowledgebase article: https://kb.uwp.edu/122869
- Email Notification - When the course evaluation period begins, students will receive an email notification containing their course evaluation access information.
Is it possible to submit a course evaluation during class?
[YES] In-class delivery works well with an adaptive display for any laptop or mobile device. No app is needed.
Why should I take the time to fill out my course evaluations?
Not only does your input help improve UW-Parkside courses, but your course evaluation submissions can also assist your peers in making good decisions when they are selecting courses in the future. Even more importantly, the course evaluation process represents both your right to have your voice heard and your responsibility to the university and to your peers.