Topics Map > Learning Technology > Akindi
Akindi Importer - Step-by-Step Instructions
The article contains a step-by-step guide on how to create, download, and upload a QTI file (Question bank) from within in your Canvas course.
Note: Akindi Importer will be available for use beginning in October, 2022.
How to enable Akindi in your Canvas course
- Log into Canvas and select the desired course.
- Click Settings and go to the Navigation tab.
- Find Launch Akindi in the list of 'disabled' items.
- Click the Options icon next to Akindi and select Enable or drag and drop into the list of enabled items.
- Click Save.
The "Launch Akindi" link will now be available in your course. This link will allow you to access your Akindi account and allow your students to access their Akindi Online assessment links.
How to upload test questions
- Click the Launch Akindi link and you'll then see the option to Launch Importer.
- Click within the 'Upload' box or drag and drop your .docx file into the box. Akindi will then begin the process of uploading the file.
- Once uploaded, you'll see the contents of your test questions displayed in Akindi.
Reviewing & Editing
Scroll to review each question, to ensure Akindi has imported the question and answer content as it appears in your .docx file.
Scroll to review each question, to ensure Akindi has imported the question and answer content as it appears in your .docx file.The correct answer is indicated in Akindi by the highlighted cell for multiple choice questions, the text displayed in the answer box for open-ended questions, and the text displayed for Fill in the Blank or Matching questions. You can edit the answer key in Akindi for any of these question types.
Double click into any text, table or image to edit it. Changes will be automatically saved on the page.