Topics Map > Learning Technology > Canvas
Canvas & Online Student Resources
This document goes over all of the support resources available to students, including but not limited to: Canvas support, the Technology Help Desk, library resources, and accessibility.
- Email: 1 hour
- Phone call: 60 seconds
- Live chat: 120 seconds
- Canvas Guides
- Canvas Student Training Course - all students can self-enroll in the Canvas Student Training Course, which will appear on your Course Dashboard on the homepage of Canvas once you enroll. This course will walk you through all of the different features of Canvas. You can self-enroll into the course by clicking here.
New to Canvas?
Enroll in the Self-Paced Training Course by clicking on this link: https://uwpks.instructure.com/enroll/TR3F94
You can also view the Canvas Student Interactive Tutorial here: https://www.uwp.edu/systemmedia/storyline/Interactive-Canvas-Student-Guide/story_html5.html
Technology Help DeskThe Technology Help Desk is available M-R, 7:45 AM - 10:30 PM and F, 7:45 AM - 4:30. The Help Desk can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (262) 595-2444.
- Campus Technology Services
- Password Self Service
- Mobile Device Email Setup: [Android] [iOS]
Microsoft Office 365 : UW-Parkside offers Office 365 to all Parkside students for free! These applications include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. They are available for download or can be used online.
- Linkedinlearning.com (formerly Lynda.com)
Students have access to lynda.com for free using their student accounts. Lynda offers its subscribers access to over 125,000 videos and tutorials on a wide variety of subjects ranging from Adobe Creative Suite to Microsoft Office and more.
- Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog [WISC] This site lets students, faculty, staff, and departments of the University of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Technical College Systems purchase popular software packages at substantial discounts. WISC strives to get the maximum value from software publishers for each dollar our customers (you) spend on software.
Note: Please do your part to keep your data private. Canvas uses an authenticated login meaning you will need to use your UWP credentials to gain access to your course(s). If you are using a public computer, remember to log out when you are finished. Please visit the Campus Technology Services website for more information on Network Security.