CommonSpot: How to Request a Search Promotion
Examples of Search Promotion are below…
When entering the search term: 'graduation', the UW Parkside Commencement site was brought to the top of the result list.
When entering the search term: 'books', the University Bookstore site was brought to the top of the result list. Other search terms – bookstore, buy books, book, book store would have also brought up this site.
Other examples: using search terms such as - cafeteria, cafeteria hours, menu, dining, food service brings up the UW Parkside Dining site. Search terms – traditions of excellence, traditions of excellence alumni awards, outstanding alumni awards, distinguished alumni awards, alumni award recipients brings up the Traditions of Excellence site.
Requesting a Search Promotion for your site...
- Go to https://uwp.edu/website
- Click the ‘Website Work Request’ button. This will redirect you to a Qualtrics form.
- Fill out the requested information: name, email and phone. For the Project Type, choose Other.
- Click the green forward arrow button to continue.
- Fill in the comments/work needed field. This should include keywords you want to use help find your site during a search.
- Click the green forward arrow button to submit request.
The web team will receive your request and follow up with any questions or let you know of completion.