Topics Map > Student Information Systems > Explorance Blue
UWP Course Evaluation FAQ's for UW-Parkside Instructors
This article contains frequently asked questions about Explorance Blue, UW-Parkside's new course evaluation platform.
Why is UW-Parkside moving to a new course evaluation platform?
The overarching goal of implementing Explorance Blue is to streamline the evaluation process, make information from the evaluations more transparent and ease the current time intensive process for students, staff, and instructors.
With the new system, instructors should expect several new features that will make course evaluations easier and much more accessible, including real-time response rate monitoring, access to reports, and Canvas integration.
How can I access and/or view the status of my course evaluations?
Beginning with Spring semester 2022/23, all UW-Parkside courses will have a course navigation link titled "UWP Course Evaluation". If you click on the link before the evaluation period, you will see the following page:
Please DO NOT hide the UWP Course Evaluation link from your navigation menu. Leaving it visible will help your students find it when it is time for them to complete their evaluations.
In addition to the Canvas course navigation link, you will also receive an email notification when your course evaluations start. The email will contain a link that will bring you to the Blue Subject Management page.
As long as your courses are listed under the same department/subject code, all of your current course eval status tiles will be viewable via the main subject management dashboard (link provided in notification email).
NOTE - If you happen to be teaching multiple courses listed under different department/subject codes (i.e. COMM 100 and ENGL 101), you'll receive a separate email notification for each course (subject code).
Each email will contain two links:
- Link #1: "Start managing your subject now" will bring you to the status tile of the specific course listed in the email.
- Link #2: "Click here to access all your Subject View tasks" will bring you to the Blue Subject Management Dashboard. From there, you'll be able to view all of your current course eval status tiles.
When will students have access to their course evaluations?
- Full semester (15 wk) course evaluations will become active/available approximately two weeks or 14 Days prior to the last day of class.
- Short semester, (7 wk) course evaluations will become active/available approximately one week or 8 Days prior to the last day of class.
- All summer session course evaluations will become available approximately one week or 8 Days prior to the last day of the last summer session class.
- Short semester (4 wk) Winterim course evaluations will become active/available approximately one week or 8 days prior to the last day of class.
All course evaluations close at 11:59 PM on the last day of class each semester
How are students notified when course evaluations go live each semester?
Students can access their Blue evaluations via any one of the following entry points :
- Course Navigation – The UWP Course Evaluation link in the course navigation.
- Email Notification
Is it possible for students to submit their evaluations during class?
[YES] In-class delivery works well with an adaptive display for any laptop or mobile device. No app is needed.
Will I be able to monitor course evaluation response rates?
[YES] The instructor of record can review response rates while the evaluation is open. Final response rates are included in the Instructor Quick Report.
Need Technical Support?
To ensure that your questions/concerns are directed to the appropriate team, please use the following Course Evaluation Technical Support form - https://uwparkside.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bqFo8UE6EhnUwtw or feel free to submit your question via the form below.