Topics Map > Learning Technology > Kaltura
Topics Map > Office 365 > PowerPoint
PowerPoint - How to record a PowerPoint slide show with Kaltura Capture
This article contains information on how to record a PowerPoint presentation using Kaltura Capture
When you record a slide presentation the Kaltura application uploads the slides as chapters and indexes the text so it can be searched for in the video. When recording slides, PowerPoint must be in Slide Show mode.
Follow these steps to set your screen settings for recording a presentation:
- Navigate to the UW-Parkside Logins webpage.
- Click on the Kaltura MediaSpace link.
- Select Guest > Login using your UW-Parkside Username and Password.
- Click on Add New > Kaltura Capture.
(How to download and install Kaltura Capture)
- Use the drop-down menu beneath the screen icon to select which will display the PowerPoint deck.
- Use the drop-down menu beneath the mic icon to select your audio source.
- Use the drop-down beneath the camera icon to select or mute the webcam source.
- Click the screen, mic or webcam icons if you want to mute any source for your recording.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Select the red Record button on Capture recorder.
- Select the Slide Show tab from the PowerPoint menu.
- Select From Beginning from the PowerPoint Slide Show tab to begin your presentation.
- Narrate your slides, using the keyboard arrow or tab keys to advance your slides.
- Once you’ve finished narrating your slide deck, select the Stop button on the Capture recorder or select Ctrl+Shift+S to stop the recording and select Yes, Stop it.
- Exit your PowerPoint presentation by selecting the Esc button on your keyboard.
- The Capture recorder should now display a preview of the recording stored on your device.
- Preview your recording by selecting the Play icon beneath the video display.
- Name your video, add a description and use tags to make your video more searchable.
- Select Save and Upload to store your recording safely in your Kaltura My Media.