Topics Map > Learning Technology
Topics Map > Office 365 > SharePoint
SharePoint Online - How to Create a SharePoint Site
This article contains information on how to create a SharePoint Site, add a document library to your site and more.
|| Hover over blue italicized text with your cursor for additional information.
Create a site
1. Select + Create site on the SharePoint start page.
- Select whether you'd like to create a Team site or a Communication site.
- Enter the name (and a description, if you want) for the site.
- You can select Edit and then edit the group email address or site address, if you want.
- Choose a sensitivity level for your site information.
- Select whether the group will be public or private (if creating a Team site).
- Select a default language for your site and then click Next.
2. In the next pane, enter the Owners and Members.
3. Select Finish.
Note: When a a team site is created, a Microsoft 365 group is also created.
Add a list or document library
1. Open the site that you want to add the list or library to.
2. Select New.
3. Select List or Document library.
4. In the Create pane:
- Type a name for the list or library (and a description, if you want).
- Select Create.
Use filters to modify what you see
1. Go to a list or library that you want to filter.
2. Select Open the filters pane .
3. Select how you want to filter your list or library from the options available.
Add a page
1. Open the site that you want to add a page to.
2. Select New > Page.
3. Select a template, then select Create page.
4. Type a name of your page, then add any other content you want.
Use web parts to add text, images, and other content.
5. Select Publish when you're ready.
Add a web part
1. In your news post or page, select the plus sign where you want to insert content.
2. Select the web part you want to use: Text, Image, File viewer, Link, …
3. When you have added all the web parts that you want, select Publish.