Topics Map > Campus Services > Software
Topics Map > Learning Technology > Canvas
Duplicating a Quiz Either Within a Canvas Course or to a Different Canvas Course
The following steps describe how to duplicate a Canvas quiz assignment. These steps are identical both for internally duplicating the quiz and for sending a copy externally to other courses/sections on Canvas.
- Open the Quizzes tab in your Canvas course.
- Locate the quiz you wish to duplicate and click the ⋮ (Options) icon to the right.
- Select Copy To... from the dropdown menu.
- Search for the course you want your quiz to be duplicated in. This can be your current course or a separate course/section. You may also select which module to place the duplicate in if you know which module it belongs in.
NOTE: In order to pinpoint the specific section of a course you want to copy to, you may want to enter in part of the course's SIS ID instead of the course title. This code can be found on the Settings page of the course you want your quiz duplicated in.
- Click Copy to send the quiz. The copying process normally only takes a few seconds to a minute. You can check the status of the duplication process by going into that course's Settings page and opening the Import Course Content page on the right side.
- Locate & Edit the new copy of your quiz to update its settings. You should be able to find it in the Quizzes page if the duplication was successful. It will be using the same exact settings as the original quiz EXCEPT for the assignment group. The copy will be categorized as "Imported Assignments" in the gradebook until you set it to its proper gradebook category (i.e., Quizzes, Exams, Weekly Homework). Note that if the original quiz was published, then this duplicate will already be published upon copying. Feel free to unpublish it until you finish making any necessary tweaks.