Remote connecting to your computer (Desktop) on campus
This article provides instructions on how to connect remotely to your desktop computer in your office from off campus.
- You MUST be connected to VPN before you can connect to your computer on campus in your office.
- You MUST know your campus computers asset tag number ie; UWP617081
- It is located on a silver or white sticker on the machine. Looks like this:
- Click on the Remote Desktop icon on your taskbar if you have it there.
- If it is not on your task bar, do a search from the Start button for “Remote”
- Launch the Remote Desktop Connection.
- Type your on-campus computer asset tag number
- Click on connect
- You may be prompted to enter your username and password. Unless it has been saved ahead of time.
- Enter your password and click Ok.
- When you are connected to your on-campus machine you will see a blue connection bar at the top of your screen with your on-campus machine’s asset tag.