Instructional Continuity - Preparation Checklist
Steps to take to ensure instructional continuity for a face-to-face course.
The Innovations in Learning team is in the process of creating "Just-in-Time" tutorials to help instructors transition their course/content from the classroom to the online environment. The new tutorials and resources will be added to the Knowledgebase, Canvas, and the UW-Parkside website.
Consider the following:
- What elements of your face-to-face class could be supplemented using online content?
- Could you record your lecture and post it in Canvas if a class session is canceled? (See Kaltura My Media resources)
- Can interactive elements of your face-to-face class be converted into online activities? (See Using Discussions for Activities & Assessments)
- Do you want to host synchronous class session using Microsoft Teams or Zoom in place of face-to-face class session? (See the following article: )
Steps to take before a campus closure:
- Decide which instructional continuity options you will use during a closure.
- Take time to explore and practice with any technologies you might use in the event of a closure.
- Establish your plans for communicating with students in the event of a closure at the beginning of the term.
- Share those plans in-class, on your syllabi, and Canvas.
Steps to take during a campus closure
- Communicate your instructional continuity plans for that day’s class session by sending.