Topics Map > UWP Help Desk
Topics Map > Resources Guides
Topics Map > Learning Technology > Canvas
Canvas Support - Troubleshooting Guide: Missing Courses (Instructors)
This troubleshooting guide can be used by instructors and UW-Parkside support staff to determine why a for-credit course is missing in Canvas.
Step 1: Check Course Availability
- What is the first day of the missing class in SOLAR?
- More than 90 days in the future - Course will be unavailable in Canvas. Develop using a master course -- request a master course.
- Less than or equal to 89 days in the future - Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Check Canvas
- Is the course listed on the Courses page?
- Yes - Instructor may wish to add course to Dashboard by making course a favorite.
- No - Proceed to Step 3.
- Check existing courses to see if course sections are crosslisted. Is course section combined with others?
- Yes - If the crosslisting is not desirable, proceed to Step 5.
- No - Continue to Step 4.
- Is instructor listed as the instructor of record in the Schedule of Classes?
- Yes - Proceed to Step 5.
- No - Instructor should contact an individual in their department/school/program who is able to update SOLAR. If in doubt, refer to the UW-Parkside Registrar's Office.
- Contact Innovations in Learning by emailing email@example.com
- Call/email the Helpdesk at 262-595-2444.
- Email the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.