CANVAS - How to Embed a Kaltura Video
This document will walk you through embedding a Kaltura video to your course in Canvas.
Canvas - How to Embed a Kaltura Video
Where to Find the Embed Code
2. Locate the video or audio file that you would like to embed in your course.
3. Click on the title of the file.
4. Click to expand the Actions drop down menu.
5. Verify that the media item privacy setting is set to Unlisted, then click on the Save button.
6. Click on the Share button.
7. Click on the Embed button.
8. Select the preferred player size.
There are two player sizes available for embedding video [Small: 400 x 285 and Large: 608 x 402] and one size available for Audio [450 x 34].
Click here to view Embed Size Examples.
9. Once the player size has been selected, copy the contents of the embed code box.
How to Add Embed Code
1. Click on the Insert/edit Media icon (that looks like a film strip), located on the left hand side of the Rich Text Editor window.
2. Select the Embed tab and then paste the copied Kaltura embed code into the embed code window.
3. Click on the Ok button.
4. Click on the Save & Publish or Save button.