Topics Map > UWP Help Desk
Help Desk - How to clear your browser cache
Instructions on how to clear the browser cache in Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Safari
1. In Chrome, Click on or enter the following url in the search bar: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
2. Select the following:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Cached images and files
4. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
1. From the History menu, select Clear Recent History. If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
3. Next to Details, click the down arrow to choose which of the History items you'd like to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
4. Click Clear Now.
5. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
In the top right, click the Hub icon (looks like three horizontal lines). Click the History icon, and then select Clear all history. Select Browsing history, then Cookies and saved website data, and then Cached data and files. Click Clear. After the "All Clear!" message appears, exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Internet Explorer 9 and higher: On January 12, 2016, Microsoft ended support for Internet Explorer versions prior to version 11 . UITS strongly recommends that you upgrade to a new operating system if your current system does not support Internet Explorer 11. Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history.... If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select: Temporary Internet files or Temporary Internet files and website files Cookies or Cookies and website data History Click Delete. You will see a confirmation at the bottom of the window when the process is complete. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Safari Safari 8
From the Safari menu, select Clear History and Website Data.... Select the desired time range, and then click Clear History. Go to Safari > Quit Safari or press Command-Q to exit the browser completely. Safari 7 and below From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari.... Select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data includes both cookies and cache. Go to Safari > Quit Safari or press Command-Q to exit the browser completely. Back to top