Early Access Email Template [Online Student]
Dear [Student Name],
This is a reminder from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside that you are registered for the following online course(s) during the [Term, Year] semester:
Course Discipline and Number: Course Title [Online] (Start Date)
Please read over the information below to make sure you understand all of the resources available to you as an online student.
Verify your account information:
- To verify your UW-Parkside account information, please visit the Password Self Service webpage and confirm that your information is correct.
Log into D2L:
- Once you’ve verified that your account information is correct, you can get logged into your D2L courses. Since online courses are set to open one week before the official semester start date, you may not see your courses listed in D2L if you log in too early. Once you do get logged in, however, you’ll have access to the Online Resources module, which you’ll learn about under the Support Resources section of this email.
- If you’d like to learn more about what D2L is, how to get logged in, and take a quick tour of D2L, please visit the D2L Online Student Introduction and watch the helpful tutorial.
Identify your support resources:
- As an online student, you have a variety of different support resources available to you to ensure your academic success. Please explore the links below to familiarize yourself with the support that’s available to you:
- Technology Help Desk: The CTS Help Desk is available from 7:45am-9:30pm Monday through Thursday, and from 7:45am-4:30pm on Friday. Contact the Help Desk by phone: (262-595-2444) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the place to go if you need help logging into your RangerMail or Solar accounts, or have other technology-related questions.
- D2L Support Form: Use the D2L Support Form to get in touch with the D2L Support Team if you have any questions or concerns regarding your D2L account.
- KnowledgeBase: The KnowledgeBase (KB) is an online database that’s specific to all things Parkside. If you’re having trouble using some of the features in D2L, or would like more information about particular technology resources such as Microsoft Outlook, the KB is the place to go for all of that information. The KB currently has over 300 active documents, and over 100 of those documents are D2L specific.
- Online Resources module: The Online Resources module is located in the Content section of every online D2L course at UW-Parkside. This module is designed to keep all of your support resources in one convenient location. No matter which course you’re working in, you’ll always be able to access the Online Resources module to find the support you’re looking for. The Online Resources module has information on the Technology Help Desk, the D2L Support Form, links to the KnowledgeBase, Library research help, NetTutor information, Accessibility resources, as well as a number of different interactive tutorials that will teach you how to use the different features within D2L.
We hope your semester online at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside is Real. Amazing.