CommonSpot: How to Add the Upcoming Events Widget
Learn how to add the upcoming events widget to your page. This element is used in the right column of your page and will list three upcoming events.
- Open the page you want to use this element with. (Author mode - View > Work on this Page).
- Click on the Click to insert new element link in the right column of your page.
- From the Element Gallery, expand the UWP Right Column Widgets category and choose Upcoming Events.
- Click on the Upcoming Events gear icon, choose New Data.
- Fill in the New Data properties.
o Category: choose a category to filter the events by, such choices include Admissions, Athletics, The Rita, etc.
o Event/Program: click the Browse Taxonomy button to choose the terms for an event or program. Currently there are thirteen events/programs that can be used to filter information for upcoming events.
o College(s): click the Browse Taxonomy button to choose terms related to the college. Pick from the four different colleges to get upcoming event information for CAH, CNHS, CBEC and CSSPS.
- Click Save.
- Back on your page, click the orange Preview button to display how your finished Upcoming Events widget box will appear.
*Upcoming Events example:
Check out the How To video: