CommonSpot: How to Add the Taxonomy Filtered News Articles Element
Learn how to add the taxonomy filtered news articles element to your page. Use this element to display up to 50 news stories related to your department or the criteria you are filtering against.
- Open the page you want to use this element with. (Author mode - View > Work on this Page).
- Click on the Click to insert new element link.
- From the Element Gallery, expand the UWP category and choose Taxonomy Filtered News Articles.
- Click on the Taxonomy Filtered News Articles gear icon, choose New Data.
- Fill in the New Data properties.
o Academic Program: click the Browse Taxonomy button to choose the terms for an academic program. For example, if your webpage is for the Biology department, you could select Biological Sciences to see news related to this department.
o Audience: click the Browse Taxonomy button to choose the terms related to Audience. The targeted audience for the news can include, alumni, faculty, staff, students, community, etc.
o Building: click the Browse Taxonomy button to choose terms related to the building. This will pull news events as it relates to those buildings. Choices include the Ballroom, Greenquist, Molinaro, Rita, Wyllie, etc.
o College: click the Browse Taxonomy button to choose terms related to the college. Pick from the four different colleges to gets news feeds about – CAH, CNHS, CBEC and CSSPS.
o Office: click the Browse Taxonomy button to choose terms related to a specific office or departmental area.
o Topic: click the Browse Taxonomy button to choose terms related to a specific topic. Currently there are seven topics the news displayed can be filtered by – Admissions, Athletics, Economic Development, Rita News, Advising, Community Engagement and Innovation Hub.
- Click Save.
- Back on your page, click the orange Preview button to display how the addition of this new element will appear.
*Taxonomy Filtered News Articles example:
Check out the How To video: