CommonSpot: How to Add a Calendar Event
Learn how to create a calendar event.
- Log into CommonSpot - https://author.uwp.edu/login.cfm.
- From the utility menu of the UWP site, click Manage Events (located next to Logins, Contact Us, etc).
- Choose Add Event under the Event Maintenance heading.
- Fill out the necessary information for your event in the Add Calendar Event form, see both the Calendar and Taxonomy tabs.
- From the Calendar tab, enter information related to your event.
o Organization – by default UWP is the organization listed.
o Date/End Date – start and end date of your event. Double-click the desired date from within the calendar icon. Note: Leave the end date blank if this is only a single day event.
o Start Time/End Time – the start and end times of your event. Use the calendar icon to choose the time.
o Event Title – the event title is displayed on the Events Calendar and other pages where the event will be shown.
o Event Category – select one or more categories for the event.
o Location – enter the building and room# for the event.
o Address/City/State/Zip – enter the full address of the event.
o Sponsors – enter any sponsors associated with the event.
o Contact Name/Phone #/Email – enter the contact information for the person(s) available to answer questions about the event.
o Website – enter the website or CommonSpot page that has additional information about the event, if there is one.
o Description – enter details of the event, this can include images, hyperlinks, and tables. This information will be displayed for the user when the event title is clicked on the site.
o Show in upcoming events – uncheck or check this box, description of checkbox is in form.
- From the Taxonomy tab, choose terms related to the event.
o Browse Taxonomy terms related to Audience, Academic Program, Building, Event/Program, College, Office, Topic or Instructor. Example: Choosing a building as a taxonomy term will display a widget giving visitors directions to the proper parking lot on the event’s detail page.
- Click Submit, your event will now show up in the list of events on the Event Maintenance page and once approved it will show in the monthly event calendar. Note: if you have events waiting for approval, notify your liaison.