CommonSpot: How to Request a Vanity URL
Examples of Vanity URLs…
This URL: https://www.uwp.edu/explore/offices/campustechnologyservices/index.cfm
Becomes this vanity URL: http://www.uwp.edu/cts
This URL: https://www.uwp.edu/explore/news/commencement/index.cfm
Becomes this vanity URL: http://www.uwp.edu/commencement
Requesting a vanity URL for your site…
- Go to https://uwp.edu/website
- Click the ‘Website Work Request’ button. This will redirect you to a Qualtrics form.
- Fill out the requested information: name, email and phone. For the Project Type, choose Vanity URL Request.
- Click the green forward arrow button to continue.
- Type in the vanity URL information: URL of webpage to forward to and requested vanity URL. Note: the vanity URL should point to a folder on your site.
- Click the green forward arrow button to submit request.
The web team will receive your request and follow up with any questions or let you know of completion.