CommonSpot: How to Copy and Paste Elements
Learn how to copy and paste elements. Elements can be copied from one page and pasted to another. This feature is useful if you have an element that contains content or properties you need to duplicate.
- Open the page that contains the element you want to copy in author mode - View menu > Work on this Page (All Changes).
- Click on the elements action icon (gear, plus sign or arrow), choose more > Copy from the context menu. Note: The element action icon can be seen as a gear icon, yellow plus sign or yellow arrow depending on the status of the element â whether itâs published or work in progress status.
- Close the window confirming the copy was successful.
- Browse to the page you want to add the copied element to, make sure you are in author/edit mode.
- Click on the Click to insert new element link.
- From the Element Gallery window, click Paste Copied Element to insert the copied element on the page.
Check out the How To video: