Topics Map > UWP Help Desk
Topics Map > UWP Computer Lab
Topics Map > Student Information Systems
SOLAR - How to Use A Permission Number
The purpose of this document is to inform students on how to use a permission number to enroll in classes.
How to Use A Permission Number
- Log on to Solar.
- Click on: Academics.
- Click on: Enroll in a Class.
- Select a semester.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your current schedule.
- Click on: Add Classes.
- Enter the 4 digit call number of the class from the course schedule.
- Press: Tab on the keyboard.
- Click on: the letters of your class dept (ie: ENGL or MATH etc).
- A box will appear labeled "Permission number".
- Enter: the 4-7 digit permission number.
- Click: OK at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click: Submit.
- Scroll down, you should see "Success".
- View your schedule - You will see "Enrolled"
If you see Errors, click on the word Errors to see what the problem is.
*Permission Numbers Expire same day as: "Last day to add classes with only instructor permission" as noted in the course schedule page 11. **Permission numbers can only be used once, if you drop the class and want to re-add you will need a new permission number. ***Permission numbers can only be used for the class and section they were created for. Add/Drop slips are used with classes that have a lab or discussion, or to enroll in a class for audit. You must come to student records to process.