Kaltura - Save and Upload PowerPoint as Movie
This document provides instructions on how to upload a PowerPoint to Kaltura MediaSpace.
1. The first thing you'll want to do is create your PowerPoint like normal; add in all of your text, images, and videos.
2. After you've finished crafting your presentation, click on the File menu and select Save & Send.
3. Next, hit Create a Video.
You can use the drop down arrows to edit your video options, and select how much time you want to spend on each slide (if you didn't already create transitions in your PowerPoint).
4. Click Create Video.
5. Give your video a name and hit Save. Your video will download in a .wmv format.
Note: You may have the option to download your video in .mp4 format, depending on what version of PowerPoint you are running.
Now that you have your PowerPoint video, you can log into Kaltura MediaSpace.
1, The website is kaltura.uwp.edu.
2. Enter your UW-Parkside credentials to log in.
3. Up at the top of the page you'll see a button that says Add New.
4. Click on the drop down arrow to bring up your options.
5. Select Media Upload.
6. Hit +Choose a file to upload and search for your PowerPoint video.
7. Once you hit Open, your file will begin uploading automatically.
8. After your file uploads you will see a green upload bar confirming that your upload has been completed.
9. You will also have the option to name your file and edit any settings.
10. Save your changes.
11. If you go to My Media, you will see your newly uploaded video.