Topics Map > Campus Services
Topics Map > UWP Help Desk
Topics Map > Admissions
Topics Map > Campus and Visitor Relations
Admissions - Placement Testing
The purpose of this document is provide information on Placement Testing.
Do I need to take a placement test?It depends on whether you are a new freshman, adult, international or transfer student.
New Freshman - Your placement is determined by ACT or SAT sub-scores in English and mathematics. If you scored near the cut for college math or English, we would recommend that you take a placement test.
Adult and International Students - You will need to take a placement test prior to registration to determine your placement in English and math.
Transfer Students - If you have not taken a transferable math or English at your other institution, you will need to take a placement test prior to registration. If you are unsure of the transferability of your math or English course, please contact Admissions.
What do I need to know about placement testing?
- Placement testing is offered at a variety of locations. Computer based testing is available at some regional locations.
- English and math placement tests must be taken at least two weeks prior to your assigned orientation.
- A government-issued photo identification document, such as a driver's license, state-issued ID or passport is required.
- A non-graphing calculator may be used for the math test.
- Foreign language placement testing is optional. Foreign language testing is available at both regional and local testing dates.
- Regional testing begins at 8 a.m. Local testing begins at 12 noon.
- International students and students from outside Wisconsin may test at their own testing location
- Sample placement test questions are available online.
When are tests offered at UW-Parkside?
2015 Regional Testing Dates at UW-Parkside (Paper and Pencil tests only)
- April 18, 2015
- May 9, 2015
- May 16, 2015
- June 6, 2015
- June 20, 2015
- April 28, 2015
- May 5, 2015
- May 19, 2015
- June 2, 2015
- June 16, 2015
- June 30, 2015
- July 14, 2015
- July 28, 2015
- August 4, 2015
- August 11, 2015
- August 18, 2015
- August 25, 2015
- September 2, 2015
Note: Students requiring special accommodations should consult the UW Placement Testing website for regional tests or the UW-Parkside Disability Services at 262-595-2372 for other tests.
I can't come for placement testing at the scheduled testing times. What should I do?
The dates and times provided offer multiple opportunities for coming to take placement tests. You must take the Wisconsin Placement Test during scheduled testing times.