Topics Map > Learning Technology
D2L Resource - Discussions: Choosing your default reading view
How to access and modify Discussions View settings
- After logging into D2L, click on the drop down arrow to the right of your name.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select the Discussions tab.
- In the Discussions tool, click on the settings icon located just under the navigation bar to the right.
Topic Descriptions Controls whether topic descriptions display in the Message List. You can turn off this feature to save space for users with small screens and instead use pinned posts to provide explanations or instructions.
Default Threading Style The following threading styles are available:
- Threaded Group posts together with their replies.
- Unthreaded Sort posts by author, date, subject, Post ID, or average rating.
Display Settings The following display settings are available:
- Show the preview pane Use this setting to open posts in a preview pane at the bottom of the screen or in a pop-up window. Select this option to use the preview pane; clear it to use a pop-up window.
- Show the search bar Use the search bar to search for posts. You can also show or hide the search bar by clicking on Show Search or Hide Search from the More Actions button inside a topic.
Post Fields to Display You can choose to display the following fields:
- Post ID Use this setting to see ID numbers when viewing posts.
- Org Defined ID Use this setting to see ID numbers beside author names.