CIM Form FAQ
This article contains frequently asked questions regarding Curriculum Inventory Management (CIM)
- Once I Click on “Propose New Course” I Can No Longer See the Landing/Home Page.
- Why am I Not Able to Add my Whole Course Title to the Short Title Field?
- Why am I Not Able to Submit my Form?
- I Marked "Yes" to the "Special Course Fees" Field When Filling Out my CIM Course Form . What do I Need to do Next?
- What do I Fill Out for the Question About if This Class is Hybrid Versus Online?
- How do I Know Where my Form Is in the Process?
- What if Someone in the Workflow Leaves and We Need Them to Approve the Form?
- How do I Search for More than One Subject Code?
- What Does CIM do That We Were Not Able to do Before With our Process?
- Is There Any Way to Review the Attachment Prior to Submitting the Form/Starting the Workflow?
- Are There Easier Ways to Search for Courses With a Certain Status?
- I am Not Sure What I Need to Put in the Form to Meet the Requirements of my College. Can You Help Me?
- Can I Start a Proposal and Go Back Later to Edit?
Once I Click on “Propose New Course” I Can No Longer See the Landing/Home Page.
When you click on “Propose New Course”, the form will open in a new browser window. To access the main CIM site, where you can search for courses, please click on your browser to go back to the CIM main page to search for courses.
Why am I Not Able to Add my Whole Course Title to the Short Title Field?
Due to the transcript's formatting, your course transcript is limited to 30 characters.
Why am I Not Able to Submit my Form?
Make sure that you have filled out all red highlighted fields. If you have not done this, you will receive an error like this for all fields that you will need to fill in:
I Marked "Yes" to the "Special Course Fees" Field When Filling Out my CIM Course Form. What do I Need to do Next?
You will need to fill out the special course fee form. The special course fee form can be found on the Registrar's form page.. In the future, this form will move to our CIM platform.
All course changes must be for a future effective term.
How do I Know Where my Course Form Is in the Process?
You would be able to find where your form is in the process by going to https://nextcatalog.uwp.edu/courseadmin . Once you get there, search for your course and click on the course. On the right hand side, the "in workflow" menu will have a color-coded list of approvals. Green indicates that person has approved your submission while yellow indicates approval is pending. The approval path menu indicates the date and time the submission was approved. information on the status of the course will appear.
What if Someone in the Workflow Leaves and We Need Them to Approve the Form?
Contact Dawne Sargent with the name of the replacement for that step. We will then be able to change the permissions for that step in the workflow. Once that change is made, the replacement will be able to approve the proposal in the workflow.
How Do I Search for More Than One Subject Code?
To search for courses from more than one subject code, enter each code into the search bar and separate each with a comma. e.g. BIOL, ENGL
What Does CIM do That We Were Not Able to do Before With Our Process?
- Changes and a revision history for each course and updates that you put in for courses will be reflected over time and you will then be able to see a history of the revisions.
- Revisions are very easy to see with red/green markups.
- The workflows are automated--no more getting lost in email or not knowing if it was be approved!
I Was Trying to Look at What I Attached to the CIM Form and I am Not Able to Open the Attachment. Is There Any Way to Review the Attachment Prior to Submitting the Form/Starting the Workflow?
To view attachments within the CIM Course Form click the Save Changes button on the bottom of the page and then click on the file name.
Are There An Easier Ways to Search for Courses With a Certain Status?
You can search by going to https://nextcatalog.uwp.edu/courseadmin and then going to the Quick Searches dropdown and selecting the option you want to view.
I am Not Sure What I Need to Put in the Form to Meet the Requirements of the Committee. Can You Help Me?
We have provided some examples of program forms on our Academic Resources website. You may also want to consult with the Provost office or the chairs of CCC or CAP for more information.
Can I start a proposal and go back later to edit?
If you are in the middle of creating a new course or program or editing an old one, you can click the Save button at the bottom to Save your work. You can edit as many times as you like before you hit the Start Workflow button.