Topics Map > Campus Technology > Printing

Campus Printing

There are two locations on campus where you can print out a file from a computer in a campus lab or from your own laptop over even send it over from your computer from all three Residence Halls.

Note: A Ranger Card or Guest Card is required to print from one of the Campus Pay Per Page Printers

How do I print out a file?

When you are ready to print a file proceed as you would if you were printing it on any printer.

In the print window that appears make sure you choose one of the following printers:

  • For Windows users the printers are named "LabLasers" for B&W and "ColorLaser" for Color.
    For Mac users the printers are named "Black & Whiter Laser" and "Color Printer" - If printing from a personal mac, when printing, please choose the name you gave the printer from when you installed the special software.
  • The Print Job Details window will open and ask for two pieces of information:
    1. Username
    2. Job Password - You can enter in anything for Username and Password; it's not necessary to use your Parkside credentials.
  • Proceed to the paid public printer of choice and swipe your Ranger Card as indicated on the top of the card reader.
    A Releasing Print Jobs window appears. Highlight your print job(s) but before you hit the print button look towards the bottom of that screen and see how many pages are going to print out and how much it is going to cost. If it does not look right, please cancel the job. Once you hit the print button you are responsible for paying for the pages that printed out whether you wanted them or not.

Where can I pick up a print?

Your job goes to a print queue that all the print stations see. Your print job can be released at any of the locations listed below, it prints where you swipe your card.

Locations on Campus

  • Molinaro L117 (Fall & Spring semesters only)
  • Wyllie Library 

How can I print from a personal computer?

For Laptop Printing from anywhere on campus and for those with computers in the residence halls, download the appropriate required print client and instructions below:

Windows (x64) | Mac OS X

To print from your device to one of the campus pay per page printers you will need the following:

  • A Ranger Card with money on a Campus Cash Account or a Guest Card with money on it.
  • A wired connection or a wireless connection to UWP Wireless, ResNet, or Eduroam.

Keywordsprinting campus ranger card windows mac   Doc ID119449
OwnerLinda W.GroupUW Parkside
Created2022-07-06 16:05:22Updated2023-07-25 10:53:46
SitesUW Parkside
Feedback  1   1