Topics Map > Learning Technology > Canvas
Using Honorlock with the New Quiz Tool in Canvas
This page shows the workaround to make Honorlock proctor an exam built in the New Quiz Tool. This is not recommended as Honorlock doesn't officially support the New Quiz Tool.
WARNING: Honorlock is designed to be used with the Classic Quiz Tool in Canvas. It does not officially support the New Quiz Tool as Instructure has not provided developers with the API to create that integration yet. There are no guarantees that this process will work smoothly as intended.
To make Honorlock work in conjunction with the New Quiz tool, you'll need to set it up like you would for a third-party exam. This is because the New Quiz Tool is considered a third-party tool rather than a direct part of Canvas like the Classic Quiz Tool.
- Go to the Build page for your exam. Switch to the Settings tab and add an exam passcode (called a student access code).
•Students shouldn't ever see this password if Honorlock functions like normal, but you should use a different password for every exam just in case.
- Before leaving the exam page, copy the exam URL. It should look something like this: https://uwpks.instructure.com/courses/195313/assignments/1613842
- Go to the Honorlock page in your course. Click ⋮ More Options on the top-right and select Register Third Party Exam.
- Enter all your exam information. Paste the exam URL you copied in step 2 into the URL text box. None of these fields are optional in this case.
- Scroll down and select your proctoring settings like usual. Click Save at the bottom of the page when you're finished.