How to print to a campus paid printer from a Mac laptop
Getting your Mac to Print to Campus Paid Printers
Important: You must have a wired or wireless connection to Parkside to perform this install.
- Download the following MacPharosPrinting.zip and extract the files.
- Install Popup.pkg on your laptop. [Note: You may need to enter in your laptops admin login and password to install the software.]
- Click on the package labeled Ricoh_PS_Printers…. and follow instructions to install the printer drivers.
- Go into System Preferences.
- Then Print & Fax.
- Click on the (+) to add a printer (you may need to authenticate if the lock is closed).
- Right Click or hold down the Control key and click right next to the Windows printer icon you see in the menu below. Choose Customize Toolbar and then the lower window seen below will appear. Drag the gear labeled Advanced up to the Add Printer window right above it.
- Click on Advanced.
- In the Type: box select Pharos Print server.
- For Black and White Printing: For the URL: type in popup://pharos.ad.uwp.edu/MacLabLaser.
- For Color Printing: For the URL type in popup://pharos.ad.uwp.edu/MacColorLaser. Color Printing is only available in the L1 level of the Library For the URL’s above, they won’t work unless you type it exactly as it appears including upper/lower case.
- For Name: Put in something you will recognize when asked to choose a printer when printing a document.
- Install the drivers for the printers Ricoh 8400 for LabLaser and HP_Color_LJ for MacColorLaser.
- In the Use: box, choose a driver then Select Software and find the Ricoh Aficio SP 8400DN PS for the black & white printer and if adding the color printer find and use HP-Color_LJ.
- Click the Add button. [Note: You may need to restart the computer for these changes to take affect.]
- You will know you have it properly installed if the following window appears when you try to send a print job. Answer both questions and select Print.
You can use anything you want for the answers, they don’t have to be your UWP login and password.