Topics Map > Data Center and Servers
Topics Map > UWP Computer Lab
Topics Map > Faculty and Staff Administration
How to Add a Shared Mailbox to Outlook
These directions can be followed to add a Shared Mailbox to Outlook/OWA
Using the Outlook Web App (OWA) on your web browser:
- Open your Outlook in your web browser of choice (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox recommended) and sign-in
- Right click on the "Folders" tab on the left-hand pane and click "Add shared folder"
- Type in the name of the shared folder and click "Add"
- Your shared mailbox will begin to load into your OWA
- The system will verify if your account has permissions to add the mailbox, and if so, it will now appear within the left side pane of Outlook. Be sure to click the arrow next to the mailbox name to expand the folder and see all sub folders such as ‘Inbox’, ‘Sent’, etc.
Using the Outlook Desktop app:
- Please follow these directions from Microsoft for adding a shared Mailbox to Outlook (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/open-and-use-a-shared-mailbox-in-outlook-d94a8e9e-21f1-4240-808b-de9c9c088afd)
With any questions about Shared Mailboxes, please send us an e-mail email@example.com or call us at the TechBar at (262) 595-2444.