Canvas - Microsoft Teams Meetings
How to schedule Microsoft Teams Meetings in Canvas
Microsoft Teams is available anywhere you find the Rich Content Editor in Canvas. These areas include Assignments, Discussions, Pages, Classic Quizzes, and the Calendar. Students may also be able to use this tool in the Rich Content Editor within a group.
Keep in mind that any chat messages sent in the room will be permanently saved
, so students will still see old chat messages whenever they come back to the meeting room. Private or sensitive discussions should be done in another method such as email or a one-on-one Teams meeting appointment.
Canvas/MS Teams Integration Notes:
- The meeting link will continue to work even after the meeting's set date & time have passed.
- MS Teams Meetings will only display for events created in course calendars. Personal calendars are not supported.
- MS Teams Meetings will not display in the Rich Content Editor for New Quizzes.
1) To open Microsoft Teams Meetings, click the Apps icon to expand the dropdown menu. Click on Microsoft Teams. If Microsoft Teams is not already pinned to the dropdown menu, click on All Apps and then click on Microsoft Teams. Once you’ve selected it from menu, it will automatically pin itself to the Apps dropdown menu.
2) Log in to Microsoft Teams using your UW-Parkside Username and Password.
3) Click on Create meeting link.
For an overview of how to use Microsoft Teams, see Microsoft's Meetings and Calls