OFFICE 365 FOR FACULTY AND STAFF - Migration begins on August 7th
Posted: 09:29:14, Monday, Aug 1, 2016 Expiration: 09:29:14, Monday, Aug 8, 2016
The campus messaging system (Microsoft Exchange) will soon be replaced with the Microsoft cloud solution Office 365. Students have been using Office 365 for the past three years and moving to the same platform will greatly improve collaboration and sharing among faculty, staff, and students.
The migration of staff mailboxes will begin Sunday, August 7th with completion on August 18th.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Office 365?
· 50GB of free email storage per user vs. current 2GB
· 1TB of free file storage per user
· Outlook OWA (Outlook Web Access) has an interface similar to the client version
· Unlimited online meetings, IM, and audio, HD video, and web conferencing
· UW-Parkside employees and students can install Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote) on up to 5 devices: compatible PCs, Macs, and tablets (including iPad!) for free
· Web based Office applications and file sharing provides access to your files across your devices and allows multiple users to edit documents simultaneously
· UW-Parkside employees and students will be using the same email platform
Please see our Office 365 FAQ for answers to questions about Office 365
Please see our Office 365 Migrations Checklist for pre-migration and post-migration steps to ensure a smooth transition
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Help Desk at 262-595-2444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
-- UW Parkside: Cindy Sobczak
Created: 04:50:18, Monday, Aug 1, 2016 (by Cindy S.)
Updated: 09:51:10, Monday, Aug 1, 2016 (by Cindy S.)