GlobalProtect VPN - Mac
Installing the client
- Open a web browser and navigate to https://vpn.uwp.edu
- Login with your UW-Parkside credentials
- Authenticate using Okta Verify.
- Click the link to download the Mac 32/64 bit Global Protect agent
- Once the download completes, go into your Downloads folder, run GlobalProtect.pkg.
- Click Continue through the default prompts.
Note: When accessing GlobalProtect for the first time, you will see the following window (image below).
Be sure to check "Always allow vpn.uwp.edu to open links of this type in the associated app" before you click on the Open GlobalProtect button.
After you've logged in once, the application will use your default browser.
Connecting to the VPN
1. Click to launch the GlobalProtect application.
Note: When using FastPass as a security method, the "Are you trying to sign in" prompt may pop up behind the "Verify Identity" window. To access the FastPass prompt, click and drag the verify identity window over to the right.