CANVAS - How to submit a Kaltura Video Assignment
This page is intended to show the two ways a student can submit a Kaltura video assignment in Canvas.
Submitting an Embedded Kaltura Video via Text Box
For this type of video submission, you are embedding a Kaltura video directly into the assignment submission text box editor.
1. Open up the assignment and click on the Submit Assignment button.
2. Click on the blue, v-shaped More External Tools button above the text box.
3. Select the My Media option in the dropdown menu.
4. Click the Select button to the right of the video you wish to use.
5. After the video pops in to the text box, click Submit Assignment below it.
Download & Submit Kaltura Recording as a Media File into an Assignment Dropbox
For this type of submission, you are downloading your Kaltura video as an .mp4 file so that you can upload the file into an assignment dropbox.
1. Go to My Media on the left navigation menu within your Canvas course.
2. Click on the pencil-shaped Edit button to the right of your video. (Alternatively, you can open the video itself, click on the Actions dropdown menu to the bottom-right of the video, and click Edit.)
3. Open the Downloads tab.
4. Check the Source box under Available Formats.
5. Click Save, and then the Go to Media link next to it.
6. Click on the blue Details button below the video, select Download from the dropdown menu, and on the Download icon to save your video file.
7. Open up the link to the assignment you wish to submit and click on the Submit Assignment button.
8. Select the Media tab.
9. Click on Record/Upload Media. When the popup window appears, select the Upload Media tab.
10. Click Select Video File and select the video file you downloaded in step 6. It should be in an .mp4 file format.
11. Once the video finishes uploading, the popup box will disappear. After this happens, click Submit Assignment.