CommonSpot: How to Add the Social Media Icons Widget
This widget displays social media site icons, when clicking on the icon it will redirect you to that social media site. The social media widget was previously found in the Custom Properties options. Depending on how you categorize your page, it may still be setup in Custom Properties or can be added following the instructions below. *If using the Flex Page category, you must add the widget as per this article.
- Open the page you want to use this element with. (Author mode – View > Work on this Page).
- Click on the Click to insert new element link from the right column of your page.
- From the Element Gallery, expand the UWP Right Column Widgets category and choose Social Media Icons.
- Click on the Social Media Icons gear icon, choose New Data.
- Fill in the New Data properties.
o Widget Heading: it is pre-populated with the heading – ‘Social Media’. Leave the default or customize as needed with your own heading.
o Facebook URL – iTunesU URL: choose to enter the web address –url for the social media site(s) you want associated with your uwp.edu page. Choices include Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and iTunesU.
- Click Save.
- Back on your page, click the orange Preview button to display how the addition of this widget will appear.
*Example of the Social Media Icons widget:
Check out the How To video: