Topics Map > UWP Help Desk
Topics Map > UWP Computer Lab
Outlook 2016 - Adding a mailbox account on an Apple computer
The purpose of this article is to provide instructions on how to add an account to Outlook 2016 client on a MAC or Apple device
- Open the client software program, Outlook.
- Click on the "Outlook" menu at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Preferences
- Click on Accounts
- Click on the + to Add an Account
- Choose what type of account you would like to add. For UWP Mail, choose Exchange.
- Click to enter your email address.
- Add your full email address
- Add the User name, in the following format; UWP\username
- Add your password
- Click on Add Account
You may get an "AutoDiscover" message similar to below.
- Click on the check box
- Click on Allow
- Your mailbox account should look like this with your information.
- If you need to add other mailboxes within your account that you monitor, do the following.
- Click on the Advanced Button in the bottom right corner.
- Click on the Delegates Button at the top.
- In the bottom section, "People I am a delegate for", click the + to add a mailbox.
- In the search box, type part of the mailbox that you want to add.
- Select the mailbox you want and click Add.
- Click OK
- Close the "Accounts" box.
- Close out of Outlook and re-open to refresh Outlook.