Topics Map > Campus Services
Topics Map > UWP Help Desk
Topics Map > UWP Computer Lab
Help Desk - General Information about the UW-Parkside Help Desk
This document provides general information about the UW-Parkside Help Desk
Expand your mind with Technology and Education and change your world
The Campus Technology Services Help Desk provides support to students, faculty, and staff at UW-Parkside on general computing issues, various UW applications and various other services. The Help Desk Staff is available via phone, email, and in person at the walk-in help desk locations.
Services the Help Desk Provides
· Account Activation and Password Assistance
· My UW Portal Support
· Faculty and Staff Computer Purchases (Dell and Apple Products)
· Faculty and Staff Mobile Device purchases
· Software Purchases
· File/Web Space
· Campus Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device Support
· Wireless Connections on laptops, tablets and smartphones
· Configuring e-mail on smart phones http://www.uwp.edu/explore/offices/campustechnologyservices/emailsetupmobile.cfm
· Laptop, Pharos or Office Printing
· Office data connections
· Faculty/staff access from home
· Converting and recovering files
· Recovering data from flash drives and hard drives
· Internet-related topics such downloading programs and navigating sites
· Software Training and Support
· Virus or Malware Investigation
Get Help by Phone
7:45 AM – 4:30 PM
5 days a week
Get Help by Email
You can email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would prefer to contact us via email. Because of the volume of the email received, note that it can sometimes take up to 24 hours to receive a response via email. If you have an urgent issue, please call the Help Desk instead. Note that the Help Desk also cannot reset passwords via email and cannot provide sensitive information (such as NetIDs and Passwords) over email. If you need a password reset or if you don’t remember your NetID, you will have to call the Help Desk.
Get Help in Person
Help Desk - RITA Building, Room 120
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Monday – Friday
Saturday – Closed
Sunday - Closed
Computer Lab - WYLLIE Building, Room D150
FALL, SPRING and WINTER
8:00 AM – 10:30 PM
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
2:00 PM – 10:30 PM
Please note – Hours of operation will be extended the week prior to and the week during FINALS.
CTS Help Desk has (2) Walk in locations on campus which can assist with many common issues in person. In addition to supporting the same products we support over the phone the Walk-in Help Desks specialize in assisting with issues with desktop and laptop computers. In particular, the Walk-in Help Desks can assist with operation system problems. Trouble connecting to UWP Wireless and eduroam (Federated wireless solution). Campus owned computers with supported issues can be checked into our Desktop Support Service area for more advanced work, while personal laptops or other mobile devices can be checked into our repair area.
Technology Services Forms
· Service Requests
· Project Requests
· Computer Request Forms
· Computer Assumption of Responsibility
Get Help Online with our Searchable Knowledgebase
24 Hours a day
7 days a week
If you have searched our Knowledgebase and could not find the answer or solution you need, you can request Help Desk support by calling or emailing us. To create a new Help Request, email us at email@example.com
Contact us on our webpage http://www.uwp.edu/explore/contactus/index.cfm
Click on “Technology Help Desk”, fill in your problem, question or comment and click submit.
Logins and Tools Quick List
Activate your UWP Account
Access to your UWP RangerMail from home or on a personal computer
· Faculty / Staff email
· Students RangerMail
Only authorized users can use the Guest Account creation tool. If you would like to request a Guest Account, please contact the Help Desk at 262-595-2444 for assistance.
Campus Wireless Services
· UWP Wireless
· VPN – Off Campus Access for Faculty and Staff
· Citrix – Off Campus Access for Faculty and Staff
Campus Telephone and Voicemail
Nora Keller, 595-2221
Business Services, 595-2667
What happens to my account when I leave the University?
Students - 8 Terms [24 Months] following their last day of attendance. This includes Summer Session and Winterim Session. This is regardless of whether they graduated or dropped out.
Instructional Faculty & Staff - 365 days [12 Months] following their last day of employment. This includes Summer Session and Winterim Session.
· AJ - Adjunct Staff Member
· AI - Instructional Academic Staff
· FA - Faculty Member
General Academic & Classified Staff - 183 days [6 Months] following the last day of employment. This includes employee appointment types:
· OT - Other Staff Member
· LT - Limited Appointment Staff
· CL - Classified Staff Member
· CJ - Classified Project Staff
· CP - Classified Permanent Staff
· AS - Academic Staff
Other types of Employees - Immediately following the last day of employment.
Retired and Emeritus Faculty & Staff - Can stop the account expiration by contacting the HR Department and asking to RETAIN email or if they have a letter stating that they have been made an Emeritus.
What should I know about security?
· Treat your laptop or mobile devices as your would a wallet or purse; NEVER leave it unattended. Most crime on campus is crime of convenience so use secure storage in residence hall rooms and talk to a Campus Technology Services Technician about how to secure your electronic device.
· You are responsible for taking measures to secure your computer, protect your identity and avoid copyright infringement per campus policy.
Students Employment Opportunities – Looking for a job? We employ students!!! · Computer Lab · Help Desk · Desktop Support Staying Informed Campus Technology Services Website https://www.uwp.edu/explore/offices/campustechnologyservices/index.cfm Outage Information / Service Maintenance Campus system outage and maintenance notifications are posted on screens throughout campus and also on our Technology Help Desk web page. http://www.uwp.edu/explore/offices/campustechnologyservices/helpdesk.cfm Social Media Facebook https://www.facebook.com/uwpcts?ref=hl Twitter https://twitter.com/uwptechhelpdesk