Topics Map > UWP Tech Bar
Topics Map > Network Connectivity
Topics Map > UWP Computer Lab
Topics Map > Campus Services > Help and Support Services
Topics Map > Campus Services > Mobile Device Support
eduroam - How to set it up on a laptop (Windows 7)
This document shows how to connect eduroam on a laptop with Windows 7.
Open the "Start" menu
- Go to the Control Panel
- Network and Internet
- Network and Sharing Center
- Select "Manage wireless networks
- Select "Add"
- Select "Manually create a network profile"
- Network name: eduroam
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- Click "Next"
- Ensure this box is checked
- Select "Change connection settings"
- Select the "Security" tab
- Ensure that WPA2-Enterprise is used
- Ensure that AES is used
- Select Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) for network authentication method
- Click on "Settings"
- UNCHECK "Validate Server Certificate"
- Select Authentication Method, choose "Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
- Click on "Configure"
- UNCHECK "Automatically use my Windows Logon name and password"
- Click OK
- At the "Protected EAP Properties dialogue box, Click OK"
- At the "Security" tab of the properties dialogue box, Click the "Advanced Settings" button
- Select the 802.1X settings tab
- Check "Specify authentication mode"
- In the drop-down menu, select "User authentication"
- UNCHECK the "Enable single sign on for this network
- Click OK when finished
- Click OK
- Click Close
- Select "eduroam" from your available wireless networks and click "Connect"
- You will be prompted for your user name and password.
- Enter your UWP NetID@ad.uwp.edu and password.
- Click OK or Submit after your credentials have been entered.
You have now configured your device for eduroam.
You will be automatically connected to eduroam when you are on campus.
If you have any questions or encounter problems with eduroam, please contact the Help Desk by phone, e-mail or in person.
- Phone 262-595-2444
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: CART D150