Topics Map > Learning Technology
Topics Map > Office 365
MS Project Professional - Download/Installation Instructions
Project Professional is available for download/install to all students via Microsoft's Azure Dev Tools, which provides tools to students to expand their study of software development and testing. Some of these tools include such technologies as Project Professional, Access, Visio Professional, Visual Studio, and much more.
1. Log into Microsoft Azure using your UW-Parkside NetID and Password: https://azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools.
2. From the left navigation, click on Software.
3. Click on the Product category drop down select menu.
You'll notice that the software has been divided into eight categories;
- Developer Tools
- AI + Machine Learning
- Productivity Tools
- Server Application
- Operating System
4. From the Product category drop down, uncheck Select all > select Productivity Tools.
5. Scroll down to locate Project Professional in the list of productivity tools.
Note: There are two versions of Project Professional available for download/install:
- Project Professional 2021
- Project Professional 2019
6. Click on the preferred version to access the software download information.
Once you've selected the preferred version, the download information will appear in a flyout panel located on the right.
7. Click on the View Key button and then Copy the Product key. [Note: The key will be needed to validate the installation.]
8. Click the Download button to download the application. Once it has finished downloading, click on the file to open it.
9. Click on Setup.exe to begin the installation process.
Note: The default system type for the project professional downloads is 64 bit. If you're not sure what system your computer is running, see the following instructions: How to tell if my computer is running 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows
The software install will also detect the receiving computers "system type" and display a prompt if the selected download is incompatible with your computer.
10. Once the application installation is finished, click on the Close button to exit the installer.
11. Click on the Windows Start icon and locate/launch Project Professional.
When the application opens, you will be prompted to enter the product key that you copied from the Azure download panel (step #7).
12. Paste the copied key in the entry box provided.
13. Click to Activate Office > Accept and start Project.
Important information for Mac users
Since MS Project was designed and optimized specifically for the Windows operating system, MS Project is not compatible with the Mac OS. In order to use MS Project on a Mac, please see the UW-Parkside Virtual Computer Lab access article linked below: