YuJa Software Capture Tool - Version Release
This article includes YuJa Software Capture Tool version release information and instructions on how to ensure that you are running the most current version of the capture tool.
How to check the YuJa software capture tool for updates:
- From within a Canvas course, click on the YuJa course navigation link.
- Select Create Recording > Record from your Windows PC or Mac
- Click Start to launch the capture tool.
- Once the application opens, navigate to the computer app tray located on the lower right side of the screen and then click on the chevron to view "Show hidden icons".
- Right click on the YuJa icon and select Check for Updates.
What's New in the Latest Version Release of the YuJa Software Capture Tool?
Redesigned Media Player Sidebar with Improved VisualizationsThe YuJa Media Player now offers a redesigned experience for each of the metadata panels of the media player, including a new Chapter Index, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and Resources Panel. This change was focused on optimizing the visibility and usability of each panel. >>> Click here to learn more about the Media Player Sidebar.
Live Stream Integration Directly into Media Channels
To make it easier for students to join course-level Live Streams, a new integration within the Media Channels provides notification of active Live Streams to the course.
Find-and-Replace for Editing Captions
Caption editors now have a quick find-and-replace workflow to make editing captions more efficient.
Insert Video from Your Existing Media Content
Content Owners can insert existing media into a video stream from their My Media library without having to first upload the content (as was previously the case).
Simultaneous Editing of Caption Files in Multiple Languages
Content Owners can now context-switch and edit multiple Caption Files within a single editing session.