Topics Map > Learning Technology > Canvas
Printing & Saving Hard Copies of Canvas Quizzes
This page shows how to create printer-friendly versions of Canvas quizzes. Users can print them directly from their browser or save them to their computer as a PDF.
Things to Know Before Printing a Quiz
- This a feature is exclusive to the New Quizzes Tool. You will need to migrate any Classic Quizzes into the New Quiz format in order to access these print-friendly versions. This can be quickly done by doing the following:
- Go to your course's Quizzes page
- Click the ⋮ More Options icon to the right of the Classic Quiz
- Click Migrate. This will create a brand new copy of the quiz in the New Quiz Tool while leaving the original Classic Quiz version untouched.
- If your quiz has the Only Show One Question At A Time option enabled, you will have to disable it before proceeding so you can fit more than one question per page.
- The printer-friendly version of a quiz will include the quiz title and introductory text. Consider updating the title and introduction if it's not relevant to a hard copy, such as if the quiz has Honorlock information in the introduction.
- If you are just looking to create a backup of your quizzes but don't specifically require a hard copy, you can just export your course content into a downloadable file. This can be the entire course or just the quizzes.
Printing a Canvas Quiz
1. Open the quiz and navigate to the questions page.2. Click the ⋮ More Options button on the upper-right and select Print Blank Quiz or Print Key (with Answers). A pop-up will ask you what size you want the printed text to be. Medium is the best choice since larger sizes will make the text unnecessarily large and increase the amount of paper required.3. The print options page should automatically appear once the preview loads. Enter in your desired print settings and click Print.
Saving a PDF of a Canvas Quiz
1. Open the quiz and navigate to the questions page.
2. Click the ⋮ More Options button on the upper-right and select Print Blank Quiz or Print Key (with Answers). A pop-up will ask you what size you want the text to be. Medium is the best choice since larger sizes will make the text unnecessarily large.3. The print options page should automatically appear. Change the print destination to Save as PDF, then click Save at the bottom of the options screen. Select your save location to download the quiz.
Note: The wording on this page may differ slightly depending on which web browser you're using. This guide is based on Google Chrome.