Topics Map > Learning Technology > Canvas
Adding Face-to-Face Assignments to Your Canvas Gradebook
Hybrid courses often utilize a mix of in-person and online assignments. This guide shows how to add your face-to-face assignments to your Canvas gradebook.
1. Go to the Assignments page in your Canvas course.
2. Click +Assignment on the upper-right of the page to create a new assignment.
3. Enter your assignment's information, such as:
- Number of points
- Assignment Group (such as Exams, Quizzes, Homework, Lab, etc.)
- Due Date (Set this to the date the students will take/submit this assignment in class so it will appear on their Canvas course calendars)
4. Set the submission type to On Paper or No Submission.
- This means that your students won't have to submit anything within Canvas itself for this assignment. Instead, you will manually enter their grades in the course Grades page after you finished grading their assignments.
5. Click Save or Save & Publish to finish creating the assignment.
6. Enter your students' grades into your course Grades page once they're ready.
- Locate the assignment column, click on the cell, and enter their scores to update their grades.
If the assignment is meant to be for extra credit, set the assignment's score to zero points. Any points you award to a student will be added to that student's final grade. Meanwhile, students who didn't receive the extra credit will not be negatively impacted for not receiving the points.