Enrollment Issue: Solar enrollments not populating in Canvas [Canvas Admin]
How to troubleshoot solar enrollments that are not being brought over into Canvas
- Look at the files coming into Canvas from the admin panel>UWS Tools>SIS Status. Find the enrollments file, then see if the course and student combination is in the file.
- Look at the output from the SIS to see if the enrollment record is included in scope. [Check membership.xml file]
- When the files from the SIS contain the enrollment record, but the files coming into Canvas do not contain the record, log a ticket with Canvas support and ask them to direct it to their SIS team.
Example Issue & Resolution
Week of 10/12/20:
- Issue with student enrollments not being brought into Canvas reported.
- UW-Parkside submits ticket to the UWS helpdesk. UW-System looked into the issue (steps listed above). Upon further investigation, they discovered that the UWP SIS files contained the specified enrollments, however the files coming into Canvas did not.
- UW-System logs ticket with Canvas support and requests that it be sent their SIS team.
- Canvas Support - UW-Parkside enrollment issue resolution response from 10/15/2020:
In an effort to investigate this we have looked through the status of the syncs within our Platform. Upon closer inspection we were seeing that the Platform was indicating that the last sync on Oct 8th completed successfully, however, on the backend the Platform did not actually finalize the sync. This resulted in when the next scheduled sync came around, it was not kicked off. We contacted our Platform Engineers who were able to roll out a fix. We have also performed another sync to ensure that this is working correctly. Everything seems to be operating normally again.