Topics Map > Learning Technology
Topics Map > Campus Technology > Network & Telecom
Topics Map > Campus Technology > Accounts and Passwords
Topics Map > Campus Technology > Desktop Computing
Topics Map > Student Information Systems > SOLAR
Edge (Windows 10)
This article gives instructions on clearing cache and stored passwords from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. If you have used Microsoft Edge for Parkside log-ins in the past and are experiencing lockouts, we suggest following these steps.
HOW TO CLEAR CACHE IN MICROSOFT EDGE
Follow these instructions to clear cache and stored passwords out of your Microsoft Edge browser. For additional assistance, call the CTS Help Desk at (262) 595-2444: Monday-Friday (7:45AM-4:30PM).
1. Open the Menu by clicking the Menu Icon (3 dots), located below the “X”.
2. Scroll down in the drop-down menu and select “Settings”. The Settings Menu will open.
3. Click on “Passwords & autofill” on the left-side pane. On the right-side pane, click “Manage passwords”.
4. Locate passwords from “uwp.edu” websites. Remove them by hovering over the entry and clicking the “X” button. Repeat this for every stored UWP password.
5. Click “Privacy & security” on the left-hand pane. Then click “Choose what to clear”. The “Clear browsing data” window will launch in the right-hand pane.
6. Scroll down while checking every box (Passwords is not necessary, but may be checked) and then click “Clear”.
Note: You may also want to consider toggling-On “Always Clear this when I close the browser”, as it will automatically repeat this process every time Edge is closed.