Canvas Support - Troubleshooting Guide: Missing Courses (Instructors)
This troubleshooting guide can be used by instructors and UW-Parkside support staff to determine why a for-credit course is missing in Canvas.
Step 1: Check Course Availability
- What is the first day of the missing class in SOLAR?
- More than 90 days in the future - Course will be unavailable in Canvas. Develop using a master course -- request a master course.
- Less than or equal to 89 days in the future - Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Check Canvas
- Is the course listed on the Courses page?
- Yes - Instructor may wish to add course to Dashboard by making course a favorite.
- No - Proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Check for Crosslisting
- Check existing courses to see if course sections are crosslisted. Is course section combined with others?
- Yes - If the crosslisting is not desirable, proceed to Step 5.
- No - Continue to Step 4.
Step 4: Check for Instructor of Record
Step 5: If all else fails
Contact Innovations in Learning by emailing email@example.com
Call/email the Helpdesk at 262-595-2444.
Email the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.