Canvas - How to Submit a Video or Audio Assignment
This page is intended to show the two ways a student can submit a video or audio assignment in Canvas.
Submitting an Embedded Kaltura Media File via Text Entry
For this type of submission, you are embedding a Kaltura media file into the assignment submission text entry field.
1. Open up the assignment and click on the Submit Assignment button.
2. The submission box should be on the Text Entry tab by default. Click the More... icon on the right side of the text box toolbar.
3. Select the Apps plug icon and select My Media. You may have to click View All to locate it.
4. Click the Select button to the right of the video or audio clip you wish to use. You can also click +Add New if you still need to upload the media file or need to record it with the Kaltura Capture tool.
5. After the video/audio player pops into the text box, click Submit Assignment below it.
Download & Submit Kaltura Recording as a Media File into an Assignment Dropbox
For this type of submission, you are directly uploading the media file into the submission box.
Note: if you have the option between embedding it (as shown above) or directly uploading your media (shown below), you should stick with the embed method from above. Small files are okay for direct upload, but you'll want to use Kaltura for videos and long audio clips since you have limited Canvas file space while Kaltura has essentially no storage limit.
1. Open the assignment you wish to submit and click on the Submit Assignment button on the upper right.
2. Select the Media tab.
9. Click on Record/Upload Media. When the popup window appears, select the Upload Media tab.
10. Click Select Video File or Select Audio File to locate the media file you want to upload.
11. Once the file finishes uploading, the popup box will disappear. After this happens, click Submit Assignment.