How to locate a CaptureSpace recording file on a Windows computer
CaptureSpace file upload error [workaround] - Instructions on how to find a CaptureSpace recording file on a Windows computer and manually upload it to Kaltura MediaSpace.
- Log into Kaltura MediaSpace.
- Click to expand the Add New drop down menu and then select CaptureSpace Lite.
- After the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder launches, click on the Settings tab.
- Under Local Media Files Storage, highlight and Copy the file folder location string.
- Open Windows Explorer and Paste the file folder location string into the folder path bar at the top of the explorer window.
- Click on the Date modified field to sort the contents of the folder by date.
- Locate the folder with the date/time that corresponds to the recording date/time. Double click on the selected folder to open it.
- Each recording file folder should contain three files; two image files (.jpg) and one media file (.mp4). Right click on the .mp4 file and then select Copy.
- Paste the .mp4 file in a selected folder that is easily accessible.
- Go back to MediaSpace and expand the Add New drop down menu and then select Media Upload.
- Click on the blue Choose a file to upload button.
- Navigate to the selected recording file (.mp4), select it, and then click on the Open button.
- Once the file upload is complete, and you've finished adding the preferred file information and meta data, click on the blue Save button to finalize the upload process.