CommonSpot: How to Create a New Page
Learn how to create a new page.
- From the CommonSpot primary menu bar, select New > Page.
- Select the subsite where your new page will be created, click Next.
- In the Template Gallery, the Base Plus One Template will be selected by default. Click Next.
- Enter the following standard page properties as it pertains to your new page, click Next when complete.
o Name – short name for the page, no spaces, will be used for page’s URL. (ex. bookclub)
o Title – title of the page, displayed in breadcrumb navigation, also during searches (ex. Mary’s Book Club Selections)
o Title Bar Caption – always start the title with UW Parkside…this is what is seen in the browser tab (ex. UW-Parkside Book Club)
o Category – choose Content Page
o Publication/Expiration Date – schedule a date/time for publication and expiration if desired. Use publication and expiration dates to let CommonSpot handle publishing pages on a schedule or removing pages after the content on them is old. (Ex: you create the new page today, but do not want it live on the site until the first Monday of next month. Use the publication date to schedule that day, even though you actually created the page today).
- Choose to further customize your page in the Custom Properties window. Items include Page Layout, Taxonomy, and Right Column Contents. By default, multiple options will already be checked, you can leave the default or make your own selections. Once satisfied with customization, click Save.
- The new page is now created and content can be added.
*See related KB articles 'Taxonomy' and 'How to Add Widgets'.
Check out the How To video: