CommonSpot: How to Add the Text Slider Element
Learn how to add the text slider element to your page. This element is used for a text slideshow, cycling up to 7 different statements or quotes of text. It is recommended to only use the slider in the right column.
Open the page you want to use the Text Slider element with. Note: make sure to be in author mode, View > Work on this Page.
- Click on the Click to insert new element link.
- From the Element Gallery, choose to use the Find field to search for the element name OR expand the UWP Right Column Widgets category and choose Text Slider.
- Click on the Text Slider element action icon (gear), choose New Data.
- Fill in the New Data properties.
o Text Block: line(s) of text for the quote or statement. *Only the first text block field is required, the remaining 6 text block fields are optional.
o Byline: name of the person providing the quote or statement. Note: this is not required.
o Display Background Quotes: checkbox to display leading and ending quote marks.
o Randomize: checkbox to mix up and display at random any one of the 7 quotes instead of in order.
o Click Save.
- Back on your page, click the orange Preview button to display how your finished text slider will appear.
*Below is an example of the Text Slider as seen on the Foreign Film Series page.
Check out the How To video: